Introduction to Mindfulness and Self Care in the Classroom
Connect to the Moment with The Body, Mind, Breath Connection is the first of The Five Principles of Self Care and Mindful Living and the foundational teaching of Self Care Moments™. As you practice this connection in your daily routine, you build healthy habits of body and mind that help you release stress and create positive changes in your health, your relationships, and your life while strengthening social emotional wellness.
In this program you will receive:
- mindfulness-based self care skills to integrate into your personal life including Self Care Breathing Breaks, Self Care Movement Breaks, and Mindful Living Practices
- tools to share these self care skills with your students
- simple ways to integrate these skills into your classroom routine
- inspiration to want more
This foundational program can be tailored to your time requirements and may be taught in one to five hours and any time frame in between. The longer the program, the greater the number of skills you will receive.
Book a Discovery Call
Mindfulness and Self Care for You and Your Students
Professional Development for Educators, Counselors, and School Staff
In this social emotional wellness program you will:
- receive tools to personally practice and integrate these skills into your daily routine to contribute to greater job satisfaction and life fulfillment
- receive strategies to share these short simple mindfulness-based self care skills with your students to help them, and you, release stress, build focus, soothe difficult emotions, and strengthen social emotional wellness
- receive the foundational teachings of Self Care Moments™ and be able to bring these skills back to school for immediate implementation
As part of this program, after you’ve had a chance to share these skills with your students, you will gather once again with your colleagues and be guided by Kate Forest to strengthen your teaching skills and gain greater comfort, understanding, and effectiveness in your teachings and your personal practice of mindfulness and self care. You will also receive strategies to support classroom and school wide implementation.
Ten hours of in-person training and five hours of online training is offered in a way that suits the needs of your school community. In 2018 this course will also be available fully online.
Follow-up Self Care Classroom Modeling sessions are suggested.
Book a Discovery Call
Self Care Classroom Modeling
After your professional development program, Kate Forest will go into the classrooms and teach a mindfulness and self care lesson to students as teachers and staff members observe. This is a great way to support implementation of these mindfulness-based self care skills, develop student buy-in and teacher comfort, and create a deeper understanding of how impactful these skills are to our young people.
Book a Discovery Call
Self Care Moments™ Online Program
Tired of feeling stressed, anxious, tired, and overwhelmed?
In this six week online program, you will learn short, simple mindfulness-based self care skills to:
- naturally release stress and anxiety
- build focus and energy
- soothe difficult emotions
- ease physical discomfort
- practice greater kindness to yourself
- strengthen relationships
- become more fulfilled, peaceful, and productive in your daily life
This Self Care Moments™ program is taught online through recorded video, audio, and a collection of helpful PDFs. Each week you will receive a new module that will walk you through many of the Principles and Skills of Self Care and Mindful Living in a format that allows you to learn at your own pace, in your own time, while still being able to reach out for support through a private Facebook group guided by Kate Forest, if you so choose.
Build your health through a series of practices based on The Body, Mind, Breath Connection™ that can support you as you work, learn, lead, and live. The practices taught range in length from ten seconds to ten minutes or longer and include:
- Self Care Breathing Breaks
- Self Care Movement Breaks
- Moments of intentional rest and quiet connection
- Reflective activities to increase self-awareness
- Conscious communication and mindful listening
- Reflective questioning and mindful writing
- Energizing skills and focusing skills
- A Self Care Yoga® class
- Simple ways to bring The Principles and Skills of Self Care and Mindful Living into the workplace, home, and all areas of life
Give yourself permission to pause and claim time for yourself to join us on this journey to create positive changes in your health, your relationships, and your life.
- Self Care Moments in The Classroom for Students (K-4) (Coming 2018)
- Self Care Moments in The Classroom for Students (5-8) (Coming 2018)
- Self Care Moments in The Classroom for Students (9-12) (Coming 2018)