Why Self Care Moments. Why Not?
If we want our staff to be happier and more productive at work, to interact with each other in kind and meaningful ways, and most effectively learn and lead, we must provide skills for them to ease stress, focus their minds, relax their bodies, and soothe difficult emotions.
By teaching short, simple, easy-to-learn, mindfulness-based self care skills, Self Care Moments™ provides a way for staff at all levels to ease stress, build focus, and practice kindness to themselves and others.
These skills can be seamlessly integrated throughout the day, strengthening social, emotional, cognitive, and physical health while enhancing productivity and overall fulfillment.
We must lead by example to create more positive and supportive environments for ourselves, our staff, our coworkers, and everyone in the places we work, play, learn, and live.
Practicing Self Care Moments™
Built upon the framework of The Five Principles and Eleven Skills of Self Care and Mindful Living and fundamentally based in The Body, Mind, Breath Connection™, the practices taught range in length from ten seconds to ten minutes or longer and may include a combination of any or all of the practices below depending on the program.
- Self Care Breathing Breaks
- Self Care Movement Breaks
- Reflective activities to increase self-awareness and self-regulation
- Conscious communication and mindful listening
- Reflective questioning and mindful writing
- Moments of intentional rest and quiet connection
- Group collaboration activities
- Creative practices including mindful coloring and self care collaging
- World care and community-building activities
- Self Care Yoga® and Mindful Living classes
- Simple ways to bring The Principles and Skills of Self Care and Mindful Living into the the workplace, home, and all areas of life
Our Self Care Moments™ programs help create an interconnected, supportive, and caring atmosphere to support the social and emotional needs of the entire workplace community. The self care skills in each program teach us to live in a state of curiosity, with our senses engaged to be more aware of our body, our thoughts, our breathing, our feelings, our actions, and our surroundings.
With this awareness, we build healthy habits of body and mind that enable us to care for ourselves, others, our world, and our many responsibilities more effectively, and with greater fulfillment.
Through practicing mindfulness and self care, we all have greater calmness, focus, emotional balance, physical health, and compassion to share. This positive energy spreads to those around us and creates greater kindness, connection, empathy, and peace in our relationships, our communities, and our world.